This year, I had the unique opportunity to participate in the industry leading Local Search Ranking Factors study carried out by David Mihm. It was an enriching experience and I’m also pleased to announce that Powered by Search is now the 1st Canadian company to have more than 1 panelists take part in this survey (myself and Dev Basu).
Local SEO is evolving constantly and valuable studies like these really help in understanding the intricacies involved with optimizing for local search. There was a large number of contributors this year and the results were very telling about how Local SEO has changed since last year.
Some of the most positive ranking factors include:
- Importance of Claiming Place Page
- Business Address in City of Search
- Associating Place Page with Proper Categories
- Volume of Citations from Major Data Providers + IYP Portals
- General Importance of Off-Page
Head over to David Mihm’s complete version of the study to learn about what factors are most helpful and most harmful in optimizing for local search.